updated May 25, 2018
Definitions and interpretation
- Data – collectively all information that you submit to YLH Enterprises LLC (which owns ForMenGifts.com) via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
- Cookies – small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- YLH Enterprises LLC, we or us – YLH Enterprises LLC which owns ForMenGifts.com (www.formengifts.com);
- Website – the website that you are currently using, www.formengifts.com.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions;
- User or you – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by YLH Enterprises LLC and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to YLH Enterprises LLC and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Data Protection Laws – any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the EU;
- GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
- EU Cookie Law – the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronxic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, YLH Enterprises LLC (which owns ForMenGifts.com) is the “data controller”. This means that YLH Enterprises LLC (which owns ForMenGifts.com) determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to;
- device id;
- device type;
- internet provider/ mobile carrier;
- date/time of visits.
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services.
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website, device type/id, internet provider/carrier, browser, location, and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customize or update the Website;
- tracking of user site navigation.
- optimization of website
- optimization of revenue
- tracking advertising/affiliate marketing commissions
- tracking product sales
- tracking marketing and advertising costs
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances by contacting us.
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To withdraw consent you click the unsubscribe link directly on the the marketing email or send us an email at email@example.com.
- We may use your Data to show you advertisements from YLH Enterprises LLC/ForMenGifts.com and affiliated websites, apps, and other content on other websites/apps. If you do not want us to use your data to show you advertisements from YLH Enterprises LLC/ForMenGifts.com and affiliated websites, apps, and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
- any of our group companies or affiliates – to ensure the proper administration of business;
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to efficiently run the day-to-day operations for the business analysis of marketing and advertising needs;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website/business runs smoothly during day-to-day operations for the business, as well as for marketing and advertising needs;
- relevant authorities – to facilitate the detection of crime when requested by the proper authorities;
- Facebook – for retargeting and remarketing for advertising purposes, see https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation , to opt out go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Roxr Software, Ltd – for tracking analytics, see https://clicky.com/terms/privacy
- Centro Inc. – for retargeting and remarketing for advertising purposes – see for http://www.sitescout.com/privacy, to opt out go to http://www.sitescout.com/opting-out
- Amazon.com Inc. – for advertising/affiliate marketing purposes, see https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202075050, to opt out go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Skimlinks – for advertising/affiliate marketing purposes, see https://skimlinks.com/privacy-policy, to opt out go to https://optout.skimlinks.com/?tested=1
- Conversant LLC – for advertising/affiliate marketing purposes, see https://www.conversantmedia.com/legal/privacy, to opt out go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Shareasale – for advertising/affiliate marketing purposes, see http://shareasale.com/PrivacyPolicy.pdf
- Rakuten Marketing – for advertising/affiliate marketing purposes, see https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/website-privacy-policy, to opt out go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Mobicow – for advertising purposes, see http://www2.mobicow.com/privacy-policy.html
- Automattic Inc. and affiliated WordPress developers – for operational purposes, see https://automattic.com/privacy/
- Liquidweb – for website/server hosting, technical troubleshooting, and operational purposes, see https://www.liquidweb.com/about-us/policies/privacy-policy/
- Codewise – for tracking purposes, see https://voluum.com/privacy-policy/
- Shopstyle Inc. – for advertising/affiliate marketing purposes, see https://www.shopstyle.com/privacy
- ShareThis Inc. – for social sharing, see and opt out at https://www.sharethis.com/privacy/
- Pinterest – for social sharing, see https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
- The Rocket Science Group – for email marketing, see https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a passwords and a user names
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organizational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current EU Cookie Law.
- For residents of the European Union: before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar or message popup requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling YLH Enterprises LLC (which owns ForMenGifts.com) to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie
|Strictly necessary cookies
||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
||They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
||These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This may enable us to personalize our content for you, greet you, and remember your preferences
||These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date.
|Description of Cookie
||We use this session cookie to remember you and maintain your session whilst you are using our website
|Description of Cookie
||We use these cookies to help us analyze how users use the website
|Description of Cookie
||We use these cookies to identify your computer and analyze traffic patterns on our website
|Description of Cookie
||We use these cookies to enable us to show you adverts while you are browsing our website and other websites on the internet
Rights for residents of European Union
- Residents of the European Union have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
- Transfers outside of the European Economic Area:
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA.
- We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organization in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
- To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.